- Wednesday 15 May 2013Tuesday’s trail launch in Kitui County will eventually immunize all Kenyans against the third most common type of cancer among women.
- Thursday 9 May 2013Officials engaged in two days of sessions aimed at determining how China and African countries can jointly tackle critical issues such as AIDS, malaria, schistosomiasis, reproductive health, access to lifesaving vaccines and non-communicable diseases.
- Wednesday 2 May 2013The report by Somalia Water and Land Information Unit (SWALIM) of the Food and Agriculture Organization follows a survey of 1,270 sites in Somaliland and Puntland, where more than half of the water sources are shallow wells.
- Tuesday 16 April 2013In 2012, about a quarter of African countries grew at 7 percent or higher and a number of African countries, notably Sierra Leone, Niger, Cote d’Ivoire, Liberia, Ethiopia, Burkina Faso and Rwanda, are among the fastest growing in the world.
- Tuesday 26 March 2013Studies have shown that this parasitic weed is the number one maize production constraint in Western Kenya with most farmers' fields being infested.
- Monday 11 March 2013Mr Kenyatta won the presidency after he garnered 6,173,433 votes against his closest rival Raila Odinga’s 5,340,546 votes.
- Tuesday 26 February 2013Following a decision at the 2012 UN Climate Change Conference in Doha, governments met in Nairobi at the Governing Council of the United Nations Environment Programme (UNEP) and confirmed a UNEP-led consortium as the hosts of the Climate Technology Centre.
- Tuesday 26 February 2013The collaboration with the Global Off-Grid Lighting Association (GOGLA) will see the launch of an international effort to accelerate the deployment of enabling policies towards sustainable off-grid lighting
- Monday 11 February 2013More than 22 years after fleeing Chad, the former President will finally account for crimes committed while in office – a case expected to provide international legal theater as an African state tries a former head of another state for crimes against humanity.
- Wednesday 6 February 2013
Africa: Microsoft Introduces the 4Afrika Initiative to Help Improve the Continent’s Global CompetitivenessEfforts focus on accelerating adoption of smart devices, empowering small and medium businesses, and up-leveling skills development to ignite African innovation for the Continent and for the world.
- Friday 1 February 2013
World: Agriculture Organizations Invest US$109 Million to Secure Raw Genetic Material Critical to Maintaining Food ProductionThe seed banks house the world’s largest and most diverse collections of wheat, maize, rice, potato, banana, sorghum, forages, beans and many other plants.
- Tuesday 29 January 2013The main objective of this peace initiative was to mobilize children and young people who mostly have been victims of the violence, to voice the need for peace as the country prepares for next elections due in one month.
- Tuesday 29 January 2013Plant viruses are among the major factors that affect productivity and cause vast economic losses to staple crops in Africa and other developing regions across the tropics
- Monday 14 January 2013New paper documents impending threat to regional peace and security in volatile Horn of Africa
- Monday 14 January 2013In February last year, the CBS correspondent Lara Logan was attacked in Tahrir Square by a group of about 300 men. They sexually assaulted her for about 30 minutes. She later described how she had been “raped with their hands”.
page 1 of 42 | previous - next