- Tuesday 19 November 2013Even if nations meet their current climate pledges, greenhouse gas emissions in 2020 are likely to be 8 to 12 gigatonnes of CO2 (GtCO2e) above the level that would provide a likely chance of remaining on the least-cost pathway consistent with holding warming below 2°C.
- Wednesday 30 October 2013The report finds that the majority of the paints tested would not meet regulatory standards established in most highly industrialized countries.
- Monday 9 September 2013The country is staring at a power vacuum when the two leaders accused of crimes against humanity pitch tent in The Netherlands for trial.9 September 2013
- Wednesday 4 September 2013Comprehensive report benchmarks Africa’s agricultural development ten years on from Maputo Declaration.
- Tuesday 20 August 2013Leaders issue Beijing Declaration to set priorities for health collaboration at the first meeting of health ministers under the Forum on China-Africa Cooperation (FOCAC)
- Monday 29 July 2013A child living with the virus narrates his trials and tribulations
- Thursday 11 July 2013The freedoms of expression and association, peaceful assembly, the right to access to information, freedom and personal safety, freedom to campaign, or the right to equal access public media, are all imperatives of holding a fair electoral process.
- Tuesday 25 June 2013From the new administration in Kenya feeling snubbed, by Obama refusing to visit the birthplace of his father, frustrations boils to South Africa where civil society groups have rejected the visit based on US arrogant, selfish and oppressive foreign policies, treatment of workers and international trade relations.
- Monday 17 February 2013According to newly released United Nations report titled World Population Prospects: the 2012 Revision, African population could more than double by mid-century, increasing from 1.1 billion today to 2.4 billion in 2050, and potentially reaching 4.2 billion by 2100.
- Thursday 13 June 2013Kenya is amongst top six Africa countries including Ghana, Nigeria, DRC, Zimbabwe and Ethiopia, with highest number of diabetics patients with 1.8 million people living with the disease.
- Wednesday 15 May 2013Tuesday’s trail launch in Kitui County will eventually immunize all Kenyans against the third most common type of cancer among women.
- Thursday 9 May 2013Officials engaged in two days of sessions aimed at determining how China and African countries can jointly tackle critical issues such as AIDS, malaria, schistosomiasis, reproductive health, access to lifesaving vaccines and non-communicable diseases.
- Wednesday 2 May 2013The report by Somalia Water and Land Information Unit (SWALIM) of the Food and Agriculture Organization follows a survey of 1,270 sites in Somaliland and Puntland, where more than half of the water sources are shallow wells.
- Tuesday 16 April 2013In 2012, about a quarter of African countries grew at 7 percent or higher and a number of African countries, notably Sierra Leone, Niger, Cote d’Ivoire, Liberia, Ethiopia, Burkina Faso and Rwanda, are among the fastest growing in the world.
- Tuesday 26 March 2013Studies have shown that this parasitic weed is the number one maize production constraint in Western Kenya with most farmers' fields being infested.
page 1 of 43 | previous - next