Daily news and weekly updates from Africa
- Saturday 13 April 2013The G8 also pledged its political support as Somalia is set to re-engage with international financial institutions of the World Bank, International Monetary Fund and the African Development Bank.
- Saturday 13 April 2013President Bashir is in the south to discuss territorial disputes and border demarcation with his South Sudanese counterpart Salva Kiir in the matters that remain unsettled under a recent peace deal set to end decades of conflict between the two neighbour states.
- Friday 12 April 2013A round up news,compiled by Newsfromafrica's Staff Writers.
- Thursday 11 April 2013Ericsson has long been engaged in the global conversation on sustainability and continues its leadership in several bodies to further dialogue on the role of Information and Communications Technology and sustainable development
- Thursday 11 April 2013Company CEO Mickael Ghossein said the new tariffs are Orange’s response to price elasticity of the market, which significantly influences usage habits of subscribers
- Monday 8 April 2013A round up news,compiled by Newsfromafrica's Staff Writers.
- Monday 8 April 2013The project, 'Multinational - CGIAR Support to Agricultural Research for Development of Strategic Crops in Africa (SARD-SC)" seeks to increase food security and improve the income and living standards of small-holder farmers in the 20 African countries, Tanzania included, by improving the value chains of four important staple crops - maize, wheat, cassava and rice.
- Saturday 6 April 2013The latest development came as the US and Uganda suspended the search for Kony, the leader of the Lord's Resistance Army (LRA) in the Central African Republic after last month’s coup.
- Saturday 6 April 2013She will assess the country’s efforts to protect their rights, official poverty reduction measures, and the obstacles faced both at the national and international levels.
- Saturday 6 April 2013The decision to grant amnesty to Boko Haram adherents follows the immense pressure on President Jonathan over the issue, and the rising rate of insecurity that has threatened to destabilise Nigeria, which is loosely divided along religious lines.
- Friday 5 April 2013Djibouti government grants a material donation to the operational capacity of enforcer security forces. The compositions of this material support are lightweight counter protest vehicles and transport trucks.
- Thursday 4 April 2013A round up news,compiled by Newsfromafrica's Staff Writers.
- Wednesday 3 April 2013Maureen’s resume includes serving in a similar capacity, as her new posting, at the International Finance Corporation (IFC).
- Tuesday 2 April 2013A round up news,compiled by Newsfromafrica's Staff Writers.
- Tuesday 2 April 2013In his inaugural speech to the participants at the Congress, FAJ new President Mohamed Garba, said that the primary concern of the new Steering Committee will be to unite the affiliates in the continent.