Daily news and weekly updates from Africa
- Friday 26 April 2013Ericsson has announced the semi-finalists for the annual Ericsson Application Awards with TeamKenya from Kenya, Team Trokxi and Team Nimdee Mobile from Ghana among the semi-finalists.
- Thursday 25 April 2013The group developed its plans at the 7th International Conference on Community-Based Adaptation to Climate Change, which ended Thursday in Dhaka, Bangladesh.
- Thursday 25 April 2013The growth in the number of subscribers has further translated in increased traffic on the fixed network as well as revenues for Telkom Kenya.
- Tuesday 23 April 2013According to the Global Monitoring Report 2013, Kenya’s poverty head count stands at 43.37 per cent against Uganda’s 38.01 per cent using the poverty cut-off point of $1.25 per person.
- Tuesday 23 April 2013The Movement has responded positively to the invitation and reaffirmed their readiness to negotiate with Khartoum
- Saturday 20 April 2013This is among the conclusions of an international study whose partners Friday released a series of policy briefs that identify flaws in policy narratives in the Indian, Chinese, Kenyan and global contexts.
- Saturday 20 April 2013Chairing the weekly Cabinet meeting, His Excellency Prime Minister Abdi Farah Shirdon welcomed the draft legislation, which will now be sent to Parliament for debate and ratification.
- Thursday 18 April 2013Coffee accounts for 80% of the country’s export earnings and the livelihoods of 55% of the population, or 750 000 families, many of whom are small-scale farmers. Around two thirds of Burundians live below the poverty line and up to 60% are chronically malnourished.
- Thursday 18 April 20134,000 tree planted, charcoal initiative launched
- Wednesday 17 April 2013Open to all, the contest aims to give maximum visibility to artists coming from the African continent, notably through the distribution of their songs on the main streaming and downloading streaming platforms.
- Tuesday 16 April 2013A round up news,compiled by Newsfromafrica's Staff Writers.
- Tuesday 16 April 2013The Governing Council meets every two years to examine UN-Habitat's work and relationships with its partners. It is a high-level forum of governments at the ministerial level during which policy guidelines and the organization's budget are established for the next two-year period.
- Monday 15 April 2013The new EU grant worth 3.5 million EUR will improve school level infrastructure, increase the number trained teachers, build school management capacities and expand vocational training opportunities.
- Monday 15 April 2013The Photo and Essay contest which is open to youth aged 13 to 35 who are citizens of AU member states runs from March 27 to May 6, 2013.
- Monday 15 April 2013With funding from the Australian Agency for International Development (AusAID), NGOs have improved food security for marginalised communities.