Daily news and weekly updates from Africa
- Saturday 18 May 2013The initiative forms the seventh ‘pillar’ of the MDG Health Alliance’s strategy and will be spearheaded by Becton, Dickinson and Company (BD) with support from GBCHealth and the Stop TB Partnership.18 May 2013 - Erick Sande
- Friday 17 May 2013According to the report, which profiles the top 5 telecom operations management market share vendors, Ericsson ranked first worldwide for OSS (Operations Support Systems), BSS (Business Support Systems) and Next-Generation Service Delivery and Provisioning solutions and services.
- Thursday 16 May 2013
Africa: Twelve Energy, Mining and Industry Ministers Confirm Attendance at the Africa Energy Forum 2013Over 800 delegates are expected to attend this international investment Forum for Africa’s power industry.
- Wednesday 15 May 2013Co-organized by the Internet Society, AfTLD, and ICANN, Forum will bring together registries, registrars, experts and policy makers to foster cross-border collaboration.
- Monday 13 May 2013
Tanzania: President Kikwete to inaugurate IITA Science Building Dedicated to the Fight against Hunger and PovertyThe inauguration will be followed by a workshop with the theme "Grow Africa and the role of agricultural research by national systems, IITA, and its partners."
- Monday 13 May 2013He joins with the Government and other humanitarian and development partners in condemning the inhumane acts, which have claimed 10 lives, including women and children, and left over 100 others seriously injured.
- Thursday 9 May 2013Amnesty International believes that at least 10,000 political prisoners have been imprisoned by the government of President Isaias Afewerki, who has ruled since the country’s independence in 1993.
- Wednesday 8 May 2013A round up news,compiled by Newsfromafrica's Staff Writers.
- Monday 6 May 2013A round up news,compiled by Newsfromafrica's Staff Writers.
- Saturday 4 May 2013The five software developers – two from Tokelezea and three from Easy Parking – were each handed an “ASUS Transformer Pad” tablet.
- Saturday 4 May 2013Supported by the Australian Agency for International Development (AusAID), NGOs have contributed to improving health for mothers and children in Tanzania.
- Friday 3 May 2013The announcement was made in New York by United Nations Assistant-Secretary-General for Political Affairs Tayé-Brook Zerihoun, who chaired the Board of the Trust Fund to Support Initiatives of States Countering Piracy off the Coast of Somalia.
- Wednesday 2 May 2013The proposal restricts the right to report on anything relating to state and public security, as well as information that threatens the economy or "insults the President".
- Tuesday 30 April 2013Telepresence is gaining popularity as a technology that enables groups of people to meet and collaborate in multiple locations worldwide, while feeling as if they were all in the same room together at the same time.
- Monday 29 April 2013The two-month campaign will involve consumers of mobile Internet in a variety of experiential platforms, inviting them to share their own inspiring stories and examples of Internet-enabled opportunities.
page 1 of 161 | previous - next